Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Working Wounded

Well, just twelve day after The Final Blowback - and perhaps a bit of exasperation - it looks like I will be rejoining the ranks of the working starting tomorrow and for another month, maybe two.

I'll be doing similar accounting work for yet another association in DC. The pay is the same, more or less. (Actually less... but why quibble about another $20. With the last gig, the difference between a full work week and just two hours less actually put me in another tax bracket every time I worked a full-week. I think I need to attend a Tea Party... ha!) It's a small company - a dozen or so - whose sole accountant needs help preparing stuff for their audit. I also happen to have the experience on a certain accounting software that their number cruncher concedes she lacks. I'm supposed to be there until at least the end of May when the audit is expected to end. Depending on how much work is left afterwards and/or how much they like me, I may be asked to stay right up to mid-June, which would be exactly what I had planned for. But considering the last situation, I'm going to be conservative (ha! again) and assume that I'll be finishing up by Memorial Day.

Of course the main benefit - besides not starving, of course - is that I'll be able to do my part in contributing to the big Summer of Love Road Trip coming up in about two months. I was getting a bit concerned but thankfully fate came through in the clutch!

On the other hand, I have a nagging neck and shoulder strain stemming from a workout last Friday morning. It hurt like Slash until I actually got some relevant and useful advice from my Mom to take some pain reliever for the inflammation. Between that and some heating pads that Cathy has been applying on me, the pain has generally lessened over the last few days although it seems to be making a bit of a comeback today. In retrospect, perhaps practicing the piano yesterday wasn't a good idea. For that matter, typing this blog probably isn't either.

I guess I'll be going now...

PS: Shout out to Atlanta Braves' pitcher Tom Glavine who has a rotator cuff injury. I literally feel your pain. I'm not ready to retire, either.

No comments: