Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winter Sucks...

... but if you know me, you already knew this.

Still, there is a silver lining somewhere between the biting wind, the browning snow and the black ice.

For starters, I'm still employed. ***applause*** I'm certainly grateful for the opportunity to continue to get paid. However, I've discovered pretty quickly how truthful the recruiter and my then-future supervisors were when they told me the learning curve would be rather steep at the beginning. Well, I'm still very much in the "beginning" stage. It's stressful, to say the least. It's definitely motivated me to take more steps towards starting my small business.

Speaking of which, I've taken a few small but important steps towards starting said business. I applied for my federal EIN (Employee Identification Number) earlier in the week. Today I printed off some forms that I will have to turn in to the city. No need to register at the state level at this point, per their information.

The holidays were a time for Cathy and me to appreciate what we had; in other words, we were broke! LOL We were also dealing with nagging sinus issues that affected us in different ways. After I finally went to urgent care last Sunday, I'm taking some medication to address my "acute sinusitis". It's working pretty well so far. I'm looking forward to getting back in the gym and getting my "beach body" ready. (HA!)

As a belated holiday present to my regular readers, I will offer no political commentary in this thread. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Janie said...

new jobs are always hard :)

and no political commentary when there is so much to talk about??

Tony said...

This job is unique in that while they call it "accounting", there's not much traditional accounting to it.

And yeah, I suppose there are various political topics to discuss these days, not the least of which would be your "friend" in Nevada channeling Trent Lott.