Sunday, November 29, 2009

So far, so good with the new Justice gig. I already realize that I need to work on my concentration as the procedures are simultaneously complex and rote.

Thanksgiving was enjoyable down in South Carolina with my Dad and our extended family there. I try to cherish these gatherings nowadays, not only because my Dad, Aunts and Uncles are approaching an average age of 70, but also due to the untimely passing of one Aunt.

I decided to go "all in" with one of my favorite interests and devote the next few college semesters at NOVA to complete my certificate in Travel and Tourism. I figure in this economy, if you don't necessarily like what you're doing, you may as well pursue something you love. To hedge my bets, I will probably also pursue a certificate in Library Technology in preparation of a Master's in Library Science. But since libraries aren't exactly in a hiring boom these days, I'm in no rush to get started.

I'll say one thing, though: it felt good to be able by some new clothes for the job with the money that I earned from it.

No comments: